For eligible regular, full-time members of the faculty who applied for compulsory retirement, optional retirement due to serious/severe illness as defined by Philhealth. (per BOR 1255th meeting, 5/27/2010) Note of Exclusions in the payment of FSL benefit: Regular Part-time and Non-regular faculty members; Faculty members with administrative function/ cumulative leave, researchers and community workers; Faculty who are on full-time study leave without pay, exceeded beyond the prescribed period for full-time study; on vacation leave without pay; and Faculty members who are on secondment. An employee who avail of the benefit of Rehabilitation Leave may not avail of this sick leave benefit. (OP MEMO NO. PERR 08-03, 15 January 2008)
Screen reader support enabled.
- Employee submits complete requirements for the payment of FCSLB with attached documents depending on the type of retirement.
- HRDO process the request by evaluating the completeness of submitted documents and prepares computation of years of service from original appointment until effectivity date of retirement. The HR in-charge provides initial computation and the computation for review of Leaves and Benefits' Section Head.
- HRDO forwards the computation to OVCA for review of Internal Audit.
- Internal Audit validates and finalizes the computation.
- HRDO forwards documents the Office of the Chancellor/ Office of the President for approval.
- Upon receipt of the Chancellor’s approval, HRDO will prepare the voucher, reproduce the copies, collate and process the documents with affixed signature of the certified photocopy of all pages. 6. HRDO forwards documents Budget Office, Accounting Office and Cash Office for appropriate action.
- Cash Office will coordinate with HRDO and perform appropriate action and prepare the payment of earned leave credits in the form of a check
- Approved application for Faculty Cumulative Sick Leave Benefits (FCSLB)
- Internal Audit report
- Duly Accomplished Retirement Application form
- Service Record with Cert. of LWOP
- Letter of Intent to Retire (approved by Chancellor)
- NSO Marriage Certificates - for change of name of married women
- Certified true copy of the latest Notice of Salary Adjustment
- University Clearance
For Optional/Disability Retirement:
- Approved duly endorsed letter of retirement by the Office of the Chancellor employee, with a justification of the reason of retirement (2 photocopies)
- Approved and duly accomplished GSIS Disability Retirement Form endorsed by the HRDO Director; and
- Medical certificate issued by the government accredited physician or medical unit (2 photocopies)
- Duly accomplished GSIS Survivorship Application Form endorsed by the HRDO Director; and
- Approved Designation of Next of Kin with complete attachments (2 photocopies)
For Faculty with Extension Beyond Compulsory Retirement Age of 65:
- BOR Approved Appointment/s (2 photocopies)