Secondment is actually the exchange of your job by exchanging the employer in the same or different company or organization
- Upon request of another agency, government or private, and when the needs of the University so permit, University personnel may be detailed by secondment to the requesting agency, subject to the following conditions:
- Secondment to a private agency or to a career position in the government shall not exceed one (1) calendar year, renewable for a like period;
- Provided, that shuld the person seconded failt to return to the University after the expiration of two (2) calendar years, the position in the University shall be vacated ipso facto;
- Provided, further, that secondment to accept academic positions with an academic of agreement shall be for the duration of the term of the position to which the secondment is made.
2. Secondment to a policy-determining, primarily condifential or highly technical position in the civil service, may initially be for two (2) calendar years, renewable for a like period.
- Provided, that should the person seconded fail to return to the University after the expiration of four (4) calendar years, the position in the University shall be vacated ipso facto;
- Provided, further, that in the case of those seconded to the position of secretary or undersecretary in the executive, judiciary or legislative branch, two (2) two-year renewals may be allowed;
- Provided, moreover, that the secondment renewal may be allowed only if the faculty member resumes teaching in the Univeristy during such second renewal;
- Provided, finally, that should a person seconded to the position of secretary or undersecretary fail to return to the University after the expiration of the six (6) calendar years, the position in the University shall likewise be vacated ipso facto.
Note: In very meritorious cases, the Board may, upon recommendation of the unit head concerned, the Dean, the Chancellor, and the President, waive the rule on the number of years a faculty/staff member may be allowed to be on secondment. In no case, however, shall a faculty/staff member be allowed to be on secondment for more than six (6) years.
3. If a full-time secondment is with pay, honorarium or allowance equivalent to or higher than the salary and allowance in the University, such secondment shall be without pay from the University.
4. Secondment to international agencies or organizations shall be initially for one (1) year, renewable for a like period. In meritorious cases, the Chancellor may allow a final extension of not more than six (6) months.
- Letter of Request Form (OPS-LB-1) signed by the Head/Director/Dean of te Unit/College
- Copy of approved MOA between the UP Manila and requesting agency or copy of Invitation by the requesting agency.
- Duly approved University Clearance
Request for extension of secondment shall be on a year-by-year basis and endorsed by the Chair with approval by the Dean of the College.
Am I required for a Return Service Obligation when I am seconded?
No, Secondment has no return service obligation considering that fact that such Secondment is Without Pay from the Univeristy. Request for Secondment and/or renewal of Secondment must be submitted to HRDO for processing, two (2) weeks before the start of Secondment with complete documents attached to it.