- Employee submits complete requirements with attached documents depending on the type of retirement.
- HRDO process the request by evaluating the completeness of submitted documents and prepares computation of years of service from original appointment until effectivity date of retirement. The HR in-charge provides initial computation and the computation for review of Leaves and Benefits' Section Head.
- HRDO forwards the computation to OVCA for review of Internal Audit.
- Internal Audit validates and finalizes the computation.
- HRDO forwards documents the Office of the Chancellor/ Office of the President for approval.
- Upon receipt of the Chancellor’s approval, HRDO will prepare the voucher, reproduce the copies, collate and process the documents with affixed signature of the certified photocopy of all pages.
- HRDO forwards documents Budget Office, Accounting Office and Cash Office for appropriate action.
- Cash Office will coordinate with HRDO and perform appropriate action and prepare the payment of earned leave credits in the form of a check.
- Approved application for Service Recognition Pay (SRP)
- Internal Audit report
- Duly Accomplished Retirement Application form
- Service Record with Cert. of LWOP
- Letter of Intent to Retire (approved by Chancellor)
- NSO Marriage Certificates - for change of name of married women
- Certified true copy of the latest Notice of Salary Adjustment
- University Clearance
For Optional Retirement:
- Approved duly endorsed letter of retirement by the Office of the Chancellor, with a justification of the reason of retirement (2 photocopies)
- Approved succession plan
For Disability Retirement:
- Approved and duly accomplished GSIS Disability Retirement Form endorsed by the HRDO Director; and
- Medical certificate issued by the government accredited physician or medical unit (2 photocopies)
- Duly accomplished GSIS Survivorship Application Form endorsed by the HRDO Director; and
- Approved Designation of Next of Kin with complete attachments (2 photocopies)