Application for Privilege to Study at Reduced Fees
The privilege to study at reduced fees is available to all University personnel appointed on a full-time basis and at a full rate of compensation, provided that in any case the period of employment during the academic term when the privilege is supposed to be availed of is continuous and at least co-extensive with the term.
Who are eligible for the Privilege to Study at Reduced Fees?
Based on the Minutes of the 1175th Meeting of the Board of Regents held on 25 September 2003
a. All full time personnel, permanent, temporary, regular incumbents or substitutes, casual or contractual personnel, including project personnel, regardless of the source of funds for their salaries as long as the funds belong to the regular budget of the University or are institutional grants to the University whose appointments issued by the University are at least coextensive with the semester or term.
b. All part-time pesonnel, permanent, temporary, regular incumbents or substitutes with at least one (1) year of continuous service. Based on the 1122th Meeting of Board of Regents held on 30 July, 1998 and Memorandum from the Office of the Chancellor dated 25 September, 1998
c. All clinical faculty, full-time faculty shall be entitled to 100% waiver of tuition and miscellaneous fees.
d. Part-time faculty with at least one (1) year of continuous service shall likewise be entitled to 100% waiver of tuition. If the regular part-time has less than one (1) year of service, the privilege shall be 50% waiver on tuition and miscellaneous fees. These privileges however, do not extend to their spouses and dependents.
e. Non-earning dependents of regular full-time personnel, permanent and temporary (with 5 years aggregate service in UP)
f. Non-earning dependents of regular part-time personnel, permanent, and temporary (with 5 years aggregate service in UP) 50% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fee.
g. Non-earning dependents of UP personnel who retire upon reaching the compulsory retirement age or;
-who are at the time of death or disability are deemed retirable under university rules, shall continue to be entitled to the privilege
-if any non-earning dependent is already enrolled in any UP college at the time of the personnel's retirement, death or disability, the dependent shall be entitled to the privileges until he/she finish the degree in progress
-if any non-earning dependent is not enrolled in a UP college at the time of the personnel's retirement, death or disability of the employee, then the dependent shall be entitled to the privileges if and when the dependent earns admission into the University until he/she is able to finish his/her first undergraduate UP degree.
-if UP employee avails of the optional retirement (or dies or incurs permanent disability while in the service after having served UP in aggregate of at least ten (10) years then his/her non-earning dependent shall continue to enjoy the privileges until the degree in progress is completed.
Who are not eligible for the Privilege to Study at Reduced Fees?
- Son/Daughter, spouse who is gainfully employed already.
- Son/Daughter who is enrolling for a second course.
- Married Son/Daughter who are no longer considered as dependent of UP employee.
- Job Orders employees
- Dependent of employee who is AWOL.
- Employee who is already resigned or opt for optional retirement.
- Employee submits complete documents of dependents to HRDO for evaluation. 2. HRDO to check completeness and accuracy of submitted application for eligibility together with the required documents. 3. HRDO prepares Certificate of Eligibility for Tuition Fee. Note: Application for privilege to study at reduced fees should be submitted at least two (2) weeks in advance before the start of the regular enrollment of each semester/summer. Application submitted on the same day will be returned/be available the next day to give ample time both for processor and HRDO signatory to carefully process the application.
- Application for the privilege to study at reduced fees form (HRDO Form C-1)
- Proof of enrolment
- Copy of grades (for renewal)
- Revised work schedule (for non-teaching staff whose class is within the official work schedule), subject to University rules and guidelines
- For more than 18 units academic load., should be accompanied by a letter of request for waiver and justification for exemption from the rule on maximum load with an endorsement from the Department Chair and Dean.
- For employees with dependents who will be enrolling for the first time (incoming freshmen):
-application form (3 copies)
-copy of Marriage Contract of parent/s employed in the University
-copy of Birth Certificate of dependent -copy of UP Admissions