Loyalty is an incentive or reward granted to government employees for rendering at least ten ( 10 ) years of continuous and satisfactory service to the particular government office granting the award. In our case, only the UP service is considered. After the initial 10 year period, a 5-year milestone award will follow thereafter.
The Loyalty Award shall initially be granted to an employee who has completed at least ten (10) years of continuous and satisfactory service in the University. Succeeding payment shall be granted every 5 years of continuous and satisfactory service in the University. In the University, a cash bonus of P1, 000.00 per year of service is given to a loyalty awardee.
A. Qualifications, Conditions, and Eligibility Requirements
- Employees with permanent, casual; and contractual appointments
- Employess with no pending case/guilty of administrative case
- Employees that has not received Unsatisfactory rating for the period
- Employees with continuous service in the agency. Employees with one (1) year break in their service either due to separation and/or leave without pay will have a new reckoning date of loyalty.
- Employees with incurred aggregate leave without pay of 51 days and above will have a new reckoning date for the ten (10) year milestone and likewise, for employees with 26 days and above aggregate leave without pay within the five (5) year milestone will have a new reckoning date for the loyalty incentive pay.
B. Exclusion Criteria
- Lecturers and other non-regular appointments
- Faculty's WOC appointments
- Consultancy services
- Employees on terminal leave
- Resigned/retired employees at the time of the reckoning date
- Deceased employees
- Employees found guilty of administrative case
- Employees with Unsatisfactory rating during the milestone period