- Retiree files and submits application 3 months before the retirement date.
- HRDO Leaves and Benefits Section reviews the completeness of the form. Once complete, HRDO signs the application form.
- HRDO Leaves and Benefits Section submits the application form thru the liaison officer to GSIS 1 month before the retirement date.
- GSIS reviews and process the submitted application form.
- Once complete, GSIS approves the application and notifies the requesting employee to submit the notarized Declaration of Non-Pendancy/Pendancy of Case (DNPC).
- Retiree submits the notarized DNPC 5 working days upon receipt of notification from GSIS.
- Upon receipt by the GSIS, GSIS issues approval letter. The benefits will be received through UMID card.
- Application For Retirement/Separation/Life Insurance Benefits Form No. 06302017-RET
- Service Record with Certificate of Leave without Pay *to be provided by HRDO
- 2 valid IDs with date of birth and with 3 specimen signatures
- Notarized Declaration of Non-Pendancy/Pendancy of Case (DNPC) *once the application is approved by GSIS
Additional Requirement for College of Medicine (CM) Faculty Retirees:
- Service record from other government agencies;
- Certificate of Part-time/full time Faculty;
- Certificate Not Connected To Other Government Agency;
- Certificate of Last Day in Service